Saturday, January 21, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
















It's always interesting when my boyfriend and my good friend Richard get together. They are like two little kids, ganging up on me, the mom apparently. Haha. Anywho after the three of us spent a good 24 straight hours together--including a trip to IKEA, Costco and then assembling all the furniture we bought--it seemed like a good time to have something a little sweet. Richard likes peanut butter cookies and I like chocolate so I thought I'd look up a recipe for Peanut Chocolate Butter Chip Cookies. By the time the cookies were just about done in the oven, I could hear the two "kids" asking if they were ready yet and blaming each other for asking. Oh silly boys. :)

When I was looking for a recipe, I first went on Pinterest for a while and then decided just to Google it. The first recipe that popped up was through About.com, you can find it here.
















Ingredients

- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (I think next time I will reduce the flour by 1/4 cup, the dough was a little flaky and hard to form balls)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips 

Preparation

Preheat oven to 375°. Blend the butter, peanut butter and sugars in an electric mixer until smooth. Add the egg and mix until fluffy. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, soda and salt together well. Add these dry ingredients to the butter mixture while mixing on low. Fold in the chocolate chips with the mixer or by hand with a spoon. Form small 1 inch balls with ragged edges (not completely smooth) and place onto lightly greased baking sheets. For a tutorial on how to shape cookies check out this site. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Here is the picture tutorial on shaping cookies which I love!
From Brown Eyed Baker's blog. Find it here.

















 




























Enjoy!

1 comments:

Sandy said...

hi these look good

Post a Comment

 

See Dani Bake. Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger